You know the benefits of an optimized IP organization, but where do you start? IP leaders are under increasing pressure to streamline IP management, and aligning your people, processes and policies is vital. Thomson Reuters IP Management Consulting Services can partner with you to get more from your IP organization and technology, including an overall health assessment and support for collaboration across the organization, access to relevant information, team optimization, technology alignment and change management.
ENSURE COLLABORATION, INCREASE EFFICIENCY
Carefully crafted, enforceable IP processes that cross functional boundaries allow you to collaborate and get to market quickly. IP Management Consulting Services has the process development experience to help you determine when, where and how touch-points are required:
• Improve operational efficiency and cut redundancy
• Utilize workflow technology to develop and enforce optimized processes
• Streamline business processes and reduce the cost of managing IP
We take a holistic view of your operations to create a plan of action, focusing on best practices and improved communication. This leads to a common vision and ensures buy-in—minimizing risk and maximizing the return on your R&D investment.
ALIGN TECHNOLOGY WITH IP OPERATIONS
Commercial IP management software cannot typically address your unique workflow and other specific requirements. IP Management Consulting Services not only has IP experts, attorneys and technologists to help you make your system your own, our project management consultants can provide:
Situational assessment detailing internal structure, systems and data, functional gap analysis, workflow maps and more
• System configuration and technology recommendations through to implementation
• Automation of repetitive functions
• Aligning your system with the way you actually do business allows you and your team to be more efficient and effective, elevate overall performance and improve results.
ENHANCE DECISION MAKING WITH THE RIGHT INFORMATION
You need the right data to support your corporate IP strategy—and you have a lot of data across your organization. How can you pull those resources together so that key decision makers have all of the accurate information they need to keep innovations moving through the pipeline? Sources have to be identified and connected, and you need to ensure data accuracy. Utilizing industry best practices, we can help:
• Determine stakeholders and design processes to ensure they’re involved in critical decisions
• Review your data against public information and establish a methodology for ongoing data accuracy
• Recommend technology to connect stakeholders, validate data accuracy and enforce docketing processes
With the right information in the hands of the right people, you can improve your speed to market, reduce risk and get the most value from your innovations.
ARM YOUR TEAM FOR SUCCESS
When you’re running lean, how can you ensure that you’re keeping the right functions in-house, capitalizing on staff strengths and getting the most out of your team in a constantly changing environment? IP Management Consulting Services can help you determine the best structure for the way that you do business and get your department through a re-organization feeling motivated and confident. Our team works with you to answer:
• Which functions are business critical and which are peripheral? Are there other business units where those functions make more sense? What is the right mix of outsourcers, contractors, LPO’s and consultants?
• Which tasks can be automated, freeing up staff, and what technology is ideal?
• How do you choose the right vendor? Which services are essentially transactional, versus those requiring deeper expertise and trust? What are your selection criteria?
Support mechanisms such as persona-based training can help team members transfer to new functions quickly and easily. The output of your IP team is directly proportional to your ability to match their skills with business needs, keep them in synch with each other and with the goals of the organization.
MANAGE THROUGH CHANGE
Change is universal, and to stay on top of the market you have to be proactive in addressing it—but it must be carefully managed. Our project management experts ensure that you’ve covered all of the bases:
• Support to manage the complexity of change, while you focus on business strategy
• An integrated approach to review timing and impacts and verify alignment across people, processes, technology and strategy
• Documented updates to policies and procedures
Change may be a given—success is not. With our services, you can be confident that it will be properly managed to have minimum impact on your internal team and maximum impact on the way you do business.
View IP Management Consulting Services PDF Fact Sheet ››
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you would like more information about IP Management Consulting Services, Contact us Today ››.